Enjoy two Great Houses both uniquely different!
- Greenwood Great House
Tour of this delightful Great House takes you back into the era when “King Sugar” reigned and Plantation Owners lived in Great Houses on top of a hill like this one, which will give them a commanding view of the plantation and its workers. Greenwood Great House was owned by Elizabeth Barrett Browning; Lady of the Manor who was an English Poetess. Her fine taste is kept alive in the first class antique furniture that was carefully chosen to grace the house your journey continues at the Rose Hall Great House.
- Rose Hall Great House
Walk with your pleasant and knowledgeable Tour Guides as they take you back in time, as far back as during the time of slavery, sugar plantation and great houses. You will be given a personal ‘introduction’ to Annie Palmer, the White Witch of Rose Hall. You will be left in awe as the story unfolds … a legend made up of scary stories, cowardice, a mastermind of trickeries and the eventful bravery that led to some degree of “freedom”.
- Stop and shop at Half Moon’s duty-free shopping plaza for approximately 30 minutes before returning to the ship.
Casual. comfortable clothing and shoes.
Relax and enjoy the picturesque mountains surrounding you as you sail for 3 hours in beautiful Montego Bay. After being picked up at the cruise ship pier or your Montego Bay hotel, you will be transported to this sleek and spacious catamaran for a day of sailing, sun and fun. Transfer time will be approximately 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.
- Enjoy a welcome from the crew as you board the spacious 53’ or 63’ Tropical Dreamer, Day Dreamer or Island Dreamer sailing catamaran.
- Sit back and relax while the music flows and the sails unfurl as you depart for the snorkel site.
- Don your snorkel equipment and descend the forward stairway which lowers directly into the water providing easy access for swimming and snorkeling.
- Enjoy the opportunity to observe the colorful creatures and coral reefs of Montego Bay’s Marine Park.
- Lounge at the open bar with a thirst quenching selection of Red Stripe beer on tap, rum punch, fruit punch, rum and vodka drinks, sodas and bottled water.
- Laze on the front nets as the caress of a gentle Caribbean breeze and the reggae and soca music fill the air as you sail towards Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville.
- Enjoy Margaritaville’s exhilarating water slide that splashes into the sea or test your acrobatic skills on the water trampolines.
- Sit and relax at the bar and enjoy the ambiance before setting sail along the coastline with beautiful vistas of white sand beaches, seaside cliffs and verdant hills; ladies will enjoy a special treat of a soothing foot massage and you can learn the latest dance moves with the zany crew as you sail back to the port.
Snorkel gear is included.
- Board an island bus to the quaint town of St. Ann’s Bay. See the mid-1800’s church and statues before heading to Seville Heritage Park.
- Explore the park looking over the Caribbean Sea. See the collection of artifacts depicting the history of the Taino Indians, Africans and Europeans.
- Visit the Harmony Hall Art Gallery, located in a charming mid-19th century Methodist manse. See a collection of paintings and crafts that reflect the lively mix of races and cultural influences on the island.
- Ride through Fern Gully Gorge, which boasts over 100 species of ferns and shrubs.
- Continue to the Walkers Wood Spice factory when we will have lunch and tour the factory.
- Tour this is an informative and fun journey into Jamaica's food heritage taking the visitor “from the field to the table.
- Take pleasure in the views of the countryside and enjoy the warmth of Jamaican hospitality as you head off, first to the Jerk Pit where you will “learn to do the jerk!” Try a sample and savour our sumptuous jerk food.
- On or way back stop at Wassi Arts Pottery Works, an unexpected treasure chest of unusual pottery. Meet the artisans at work and observe the process of making the beautiful art ware.
- Browse the finished pottery in the showroom for souvenirs before the return drive to your hotel.
Casual. comfortable clothing and shoes.
We've planned a day that includes the two most famous activities in Jamaica!
- Your trip begins at the cruise pier as you make your way through the Jamaican countryside from Ocho Rios to the Martha Brae. Although the purpose of this transfer is to take you to the site of the rafting trip, the ride along the coastline will take you through small towns and allow you to truly see how interesting Jamaica is.
- The rafting trip down this 3-mile stretch of the well-known Martha Brae is one of the most exhilarating in Jamaica. The journey takes about 90 minutes on the long, 2 person bamboo rafts poled by your skilled guide.
The upper reaches tumble at a good pace before slowing farther down river where you stop at "Tarzan's Corner" for a swing and a swim in a calm pool.
- After the relaxation of the Martha Brae, enjoy your ride back to Ocho Rios where you will head to Dunn'sRiver Falls (optional), for a little physical activity. Climbing Dunn's River Falls is one of those "must do" activities for anyone visiting Jamaica. Please purchase your Dunn's River Falls tickets as you reserve this tour. You might plan to enjoy a snack at either location, where the choices of local food is bountiful. Lunch is included in the price.
Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel, sun block, waterproof camera, and perhaps a hat and t-shirt for protection. Wear water shoes or old shoes that you don't mind getting wet when climbing Dunn’s River Falls to protect your feet. Lockers are available for rent at Dunn’s River Falls.